[GRASS5] Re: g.region -l

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Thu Mar 4 12:10:33 EST 2004

Markus Neteler wrote:

> BTW: Maybe we should modify '-l' of g.region to work on WGS84 (like d.where)?
> Or just advertise that the current datum is used? I am not sure what's
> preferred.

Well if you don't know I don't think I'm very likely to know either!
Presumably the feature is there for a reason but as I don't know what
people use it for I wouldn't want to be the one to change it. Better to
keep things consistent unless there's a good reason for changing (there
was for d.where; it used the old coorcnv library and part of the
functionality worked only in UTM locations).

Paul