[GRASS5] Re: grass 5.7 for vector overlays

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Thu Mar 11 11:23:17 EST 2004

Markus,

I'd like to do that, but all the students in the class using GRASS are
using it on Windows/Cygwin.

GRASS 5.7 has only just now become available for Windows testing. I am
hoping that it works well, but haven't had anyone brave enough to test
it yet (They are still getting used to the software in general). I am
hopeful that this will be the solution in the future. Still, I assume
that GRASS 5.3 will become the final, GRASS 5 standard soon. I don't
know how difficult it is to fix v.cutter. If it is not a big chore, it
would be nice to remove the bug before 5.3 becomes 5.4 and finalized.

On the subject of GRASS 5.7, I noticed previously that a lot of raster
commands seem missing (especially I/O, r.support, and modeling). Is
this simply because they have not yet been updated? Will most raster
commands work in 5.7 or do they all need tweaking?

Cheers,
Michael

On Thursday, March 11, 2004, at 04:01  AM, grass5-request at grass.itc.it
wrote:

> Maybe your student can simply use GRASS 5.7 where all
> such problems are already/almost solved?
>
> Markus

Michael Barton, Professor & Curator
Department of Anthropology
Arizona State University