[GRASS5] [bug #2397] (grass) v.clean dissolve problem for areas

Radim Blazek blazek at itc.it
Tue May 4 13:21:30 EDT 2004

On Tuesday 04 May 2004 12:06, Request Tracker wrote:
> this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=2397
>
> Subject: v.clean dissolve problem for areas
>
> Platform: GNU/Linux/i386
> grass obtained from: Trento Italy site
> grass binary for platform: Compiled from Sources
> GRASS Version: GRAS 5.7 CVS from april 2004
>
> This problem occured a couple ot weeks ago using v.extract, but according
> to Radim is a v.extract 'pseudo bug' and would have to be solved by
> v.clean.
>
>   +----+------+
>   | 1  |  2   |
>   | c  |      |
>   |    +--+ c |
>   |    |c |   |
>   |    |3 |   |
>   +----+--+---+
>
> v.extract 1,2: result:
>
>   +----+------+
>   | 1  |  2   |
>   | c  |      |
>   |    +--+ c |
>   |    |  |   |
>   |    |  |   |
>   +----+--+---+

This is obviously bug, correct is:

   +----+------+
   | 1  |  2   |
   | c  |      |
   |    +--+ c |
   |    |  |   |
   |    |  |   |
   +----+  +---+

Are you sure that you get the wrong result above?
For me v.extract gives correct result.

> areas without centroid occur, because
> former area 3 still is surrounded by boundaries and
> 2 areas but without centroid. To solve this, it would be necessary
> to add a dissolve functionality into v.clean to add former area 3 to
> one of the other areas (1 or 2).
>
> hope the problem becomes clear

No, not for me. What did I say about 'pseudo bug', dissolve functionality and v.clean?

Radim