[GRASS5] Re: [bug #2406] (grass) Transaction (neteler@itc.it)

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Thu May 13 11:38:13 EDT 2004

voice: 480-965-6262; fax: 480-965-7671
On May 13, 2004, at 2:00 AM, Markus Neteler via RT wrote:

> Michael,
>
> did you create a vector entry first in 'd.m'? And activated the layer?
> Then the 'dig' item should work.

I will try this. Does it work for creating new vectors (i.e., can I
create a blank vector entry)? This is what I was trying to do.

>> When v.digit started from command line, the background commands still
>> don't work--though they give a different error than they used to. Now
>> they generate...
>>
>> v.digit map=elevation_mask bgcmd=d.rast map=elevation_dem -n
>
> You are missing the quotes:
>
>  v.digit map=elevation_mask bgcmd='d.rast map=elevation_dem' -n

I did this. I tried both single and double quotes. Same result.

Michael

Michael Barton, Professor & Curator
School of Human Origins, Cultures, & Societies
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402
USA