[GRASS5] newbie question: location, mapset, layer relationship

yu chen chenyu468 at hotmail.com
Fri May 28 05:17:34 EDT 2004

hello,
I want to create the test data for area "150km * 150km". According the
"grass5" manual, it seem that I should create a location, then create a
mapset. My question is:
1. Which module is for creation of location?

2. Which module is for creation of mapset?

3. I want to create a layer for customer, and a layer for road. In
"mapinfo", mapset consists of layers. But in "grass", I can't find the
concept of layer, just "raster map" and "vector map". Are "layer" and
"raster map", "vector map" are the same concept?

Thank you for your reply.
Best regards
chenyu