[GRASS5] Porting list

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Mon Nov 1 09:12:06 EST 2004

About 8 months ago I did a list of 5.3 modules not in 5.7. At the time, it
looked long, but functionality of many of the missing modules was already
offered in alternate ways. The biggest difference was in the import modules.
5.3 has many format specific modules while 5.7 has much of its import
covered under GDAL and OGR. Because of this, 5.7 will probably import more
formats currently in use than 5.3 in spite of lacking many 5.3 import
modules.

I haven't checked the list in a while but most or all of the remaining
modules have been ported. The last batch was a set of point
analysis/manipulation routines recently ported from 5.3 sites to 5.7
vectors.

Given all the recent activity and impending release of 5.4 it is probably a
good time to review the functional differences between the two versions.
However, I think that 5.7 now all the functionality of 5.3 plus
functionality not in 5.3.

Michael

On 11/1/04 12:31 AM, "Huidae Cho" <grass4u at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> Is there any module list that should not be ported to 5.7 from 5.3?
> Currently, I can find many modules are missing in 5.7.
>
> Thanks
> Huidae Cho

School of Human, Cultural, and Social Change
PO Box 872402
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402
USA