[GRASS5] Fwd: [winGRASS] db driver problem?

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Thu Nov 11 05:41:35 EST 2004

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004, Hamish wrote:

> e.g.:
>
> http://freegis.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/grass51/lib/db/stubs/add_col.c?rev=2.1&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup
>

> comments get turned into the Programmer's manual, so if the function name
> changes the comment should as well.

As far as I understand it Doxygen picks up the function name automatically
and it is wrong to include it in the comment. (As we have seen here it is
only something else to update and will quickly get out of date.) This is
how I did the Doxygen comments in the gproj library. See some examples in
http://freegis.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/grass51/lib/proj/do_proj.c?rev=1.1&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

This doesn't seem to be currently included in the programmer's manual
though so I can't really test it. Plus I didn't finish doxygenising all
the source files. I think the "/**  and start each line with a *" syntax is
prettier to look at though and more in keeping with the style tradtionally
used for function descriptions in the old old parts of GRASS (GIS lib
etc.) than /*! and no specific start to each line. It also makes the
function descriptions stand out better in the source code.

Anyway that's just a little suggestion for how I think the Doxygenisation
could be made even better :)

Paul