[GRASS5] [bug #2620] (grass) Popup Menue bug r.reclass

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sun Sep 12 19:49:22 EDT 2004

Glynn,

I agree with you. The scripts I've done are functional, but klunky
workarounds.

I can think of at least 2 other modules that need similar (though not
identical) tweaking. db.execute would benefit by allowing the user to type
in an sql command from the gui (like you can from the command line) and not
always have to load this from a separate file; it would be nice if v.reclass
worked like r.reclass as you suggest (i.e., could accept stdin via an xterm
as well as input redirected from a file).

Also, v.in.ascii needs to be able to get input from an ascii points file in
the gui as it does from the command line. I've done a script for this that
is called by tcltkgrass for now. This could simply be a flag to tell
v.in.ascii whether input is coming from an ascii vector file or an ascii
points file.

Michael

On 9/12/04 4:19 PM, "Glynn Clements" <glynn.clements at virgin.net> wrote:

> Michael Barton wrote:
>
>> This problem affects r.colors, r.reclass, and r.recode.
>>
>> I've built scripts into tcltkgrass for GRASS 5.7 to permit use of rules in
>> all three. You can find these scripts in the $GISBASE/tcltkgrass/script
>> folder. They show up in the menu as "reclassify raster using rules", etc.
>
> We need a more general solution for this.
>
> Programs which read from stdin need to declare this fact prior to
> calling G_parser(), so that the GUI code can either run the program in
> an xterm or, for non-interactive programs which read data from stdin,
> provide a button to allow stdin to be redirected from a file.

C. Michael Barton, Professor
School of Human Diversity and Social Change
PO Box 872402
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402
USA