[GRASS5] cvs2cl.pl: selection by date?

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Tue Aug 2 12:57:19 EDT 2005

Markus Neteler wrote:

> > The error message says it can parse the date/time. Maybe
> > your locale changed? (just a guess)
>
> Yes, maybe it's related to the locale. but I have en_US.
>
> > I have
> > cvs2cl.pl version 1.174 (BETA); distributed under the GNU GPL.
> > and it simple gives me an error message if I try the command
> > you tried:
> >
> > $ cvs2cl.pl -l "-d<'2005-10-03'"
> > sh: line 1: 2005-10-03: No such file or directory

Something is trying to evaluating the argument, resulting in:

	<'2005-10-03'

being interpreted as an attempt to redirect stdin from a file named
2005-10-03.

My guess is that something in cvs2cl.pl is constructing a command line
which includes the argument and passing it to the shell, and isn't
quoting it.

Likely culprits would be the use of backticks, qx/.../, or the
one-argument form of the system() function (where the argument is
either a scalar or a single-element array).