[GRASS5] r.example on spearfish60 data

marcos boullón magán marcosboullon at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 14:28:14 EST 2005

Hello,

Sorry. I'm not sure this is the best place to post this newbie
question, but maybe you can redirect me to the right list.

Trying my Grass 6.0.1 under cygwin (compiled by myself) with the most
basic sample code, (r.example)[1] on the spearfish60 data [2], I
realized that the input and output raster maps don't match. The basic
code is a loop G_get_raster_row (...), then G_put_raster_row (...)
with no transformation, but the raster map "PERMANENT/cell/density",
size 16853, converts to "user1/cell/d",size 180759, using same region
parameters. Size x 10!!.

user> grass spearfish60/user1
$ g.region ...
$ r.example input=density output=d
$ ls -l spearfish60/PERMANENT/cell/density spearfish60/user1/cell/d

Is this size increment a normal behaviour? Didn't spearfish60 data
maps optimized for grass 6.0x data formats?

Thanks

[1] http://freegis.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/grass6/doc/raster/
[2] http://grass.itc.it/download/data6.php

--