[GRASS5] [bug #3467] (grass) tcltkgrass& will not run after Tcl and Tk libraries installed

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Wed Jul 27 20:56:41 EDT 2005

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=3467

Subject: tcltkgrass& will not run after Tcl and Tk libraries installed

Platform: Mac OSX
grass obtained from: Mirror of Trento site
grass binary for platform: Downloaded precompiled Binaries
GRASS Version: 5.4.0

I hope this is where I should report this...if not please send me a different e-mail.  Thank you for all your help.  Clara

After installing and starting Grass I tried to start the grapical user interface by typing tcltkgrass&.  I kept getting the error:

/usr/local/grass54/bin/tcltkgrass: line3: exec: wish: not found

I researched that line and found I did not have the Tcl and Tk libraries.  I downloaded Tcl/Tk8.3.1 from download.com.  After installing it still did not run so I coppied the library folders into /usr/local/grass54/bin.  However, I still cannot get it to run.

Do you have any suggestions?  Should I try using an older version?

Thank you.