[GRASS5] [bug #3362] (grass) r.proj works ONLY when source and target mapset names are identical

Morten Hulden morten at untamo.net
Wed Jun 22 20:42:40 EDT 2005

Morten Hulden wrote:
> Paul Kelly wrote:
>>> r.proj is not calling G_tempfile() directly. In the case mentioned
>>> above suspects are datum.c, get_datum_name.c, get_ell_name.c or some
>>> other function from /lib/gis files.
>> Even so, it should be creating a temp file in the current mapset, not
>> in the location that is being projected from. Perhaps the location
>> switching
>> code in r.proj might not be handling the mapset correctly. Although I
>> tried to reproduce the problem and couldn't.
> I could not reproduce the problem either; I was able to reproject from a
> mapset where I did not have write permission, but r.proj did not even
> try to create a .tmp directory anywhere in the source mapset.
>
> OTOH I am running a CVS version a few weeks old. I'll update and see
> what happens. Although r.proj has not changed some underlying library
> routines may have ...

With CVS 20050623 I get the same error:

mkdir: cannot create directory
`/var/local/grass/data/global_ll/morten/.tmp': No such file or directory
ERROR: can't make mapset element .tmp/xxxx.yyyyyy.zzz
        (/var/local/grass/data/global_ll/morten/.tmp)

So the bug was introduced in some library routines since 20050606 (last
time I updated from CVS), but not in r.proj itself.