[GRASS5] NVIZ - more bugs

Maciek Sieczka werchowyna at pf.pl
Wed Mar 2 07:10:37 EST 2005

From: "Helena" <hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu>
Subject: Re: [GRASS5] NVIZ - more bugs

> peter.loewe at gmx.de wrote:
>> Dear all: NVIZ in GRASS 6beta2 (built from source) still contains the
>> strange coloring bug regarding 3d-site-vectors: When such vectors are
>> displayed atop raster data, everything is fine at first sight. However,
>> any manipulation requiring a redraw renders the image pitch-black.
>> Setting the lighting to max shows that the color used for the sites is
>> somehow "draped" over the landscape + the weird darkening effect. This
>> bug prevents any serious use of 3d-sites, except for "gothic GIS" if
>> there is such a thing. Peter

>hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu wrote:
> Peter, I tried it yesterday with the 3D site file that is in the demo
> data set slovakia - it worked fine - both when draped and when displayed
> as 3D. Can you try it with the slovakia data set
> (remeber to load it as vector points from nviz interface, not vector
> from command line) and see whether it works? If yes, we need to look at
> your data to see what is different,

I haven't tried with points, but with 3d lines it works ok. However, when
any 3d polygon is added the display turns into "gothic GIS" :D indeed. See
the attachments please and http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=2991 for
more details.

I'm reffering to grass-6.0.cvs_src_snapshot_2005_02_12.

Maciek