[GRASS5] New thematic mapper for GRASS 6

Lorenzo Moretti lorenzo.moretti at bologna.enea.it
Wed May 11 10:28:28 EDT 2005

Michael

THIS IS A BIG STEP FOR GRASS!!!

This is the first release and it works very well !! :-)

I have tested it with points, line and area and it's OK for me.

Some notes:

- The command embedded in the command box in the GIS Manager (now it
doesn't work because it requires a terminal output);
- custom value range: the choice of "value intervals.." for output or
create automatically a group in GIS Manager with all vector layer
with SQL query and color for customizing the query;
- custom color for ramping;
- custom choice of field (difficult) or a button to show the fields;
- where to put the legend in the map to output (in another window
like your raster map). How to print the map with the legend...;
- insert the value text inside the object.

linked to these:
- show table (very difficult - show all data linked to that layer)

Michael this script is great and GRASS will much more used.

THANK YOU

||      Lorenzo Moretti        e-mail: lorenzo.moretti at bologna.enea.it
||/|/|  ENEA prot/idr          Web: http://wwwamb.bologna.enea.it/
||   |  via Don Fiammelli, 2   FTP: ftp://ftpamb.bologna.enea.it/ (ris.)
~~~~~~  40128 BOLOGNA - ITALY  Ph: +39-0516098086  Fax: +39-0516098131