[GRASS5] d.vect.thematic on Mac OS X

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Fri May 20 18:31:28 EDT 2005

Thanks Daniel.

Here is a more "Mac" way to install it.

This assumes that you are using Lorenzo Moretti's Mac binaries.

1. Go to your grass folder (in Applications).

2. Select the GRASS program file. I did this for grass61cvs, but it should
work for grass60 also.

3. Hold down the control key and click with the mouse (or right click on a
3-button mouse).

4. Select "Show package contents"

5. Navigate to Contents/Resources/grass-6.1cvs/scripts (or
.../grass-6.0/scripts)

6. Put d.vect.thematic and v.univar.sh in the scripts folder

7. Voila, you can run them from the GRASS command line (I'll add them to the
GIS Manager menu soon).

Note that sometimes the execute permission gets turned off when these files
travel across the ether. You can not turn this on via the Mac "get info"
dialog for some weird reason. You can either use the chmod command from the
terminal to do this or download a nifty utility called BatChmod from
www.versiontracker.com that will allow you to set the execute permissions.

Michael
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402