[GRASS5] Suggestions for gui discussion

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at centrum.cz
Thu Nov 17 08:43:58 EST 2005

hi
On Tue, Nov 15, 2005 at 03:23:18PM +0200, Wolf Bergenheim wrote:
> On 11/15/2005 08:11 AM, Michael Barton wrote:
> >
> You asked for it. So here comes. (; Georeferencing UI is EXTREMELY bad.
> When I run I.points I also have to open qgis with another map of the
> same location to get the real co-ordinates. it would be nice to be able
> to force GRASS to open 2 windows. One with the map to be rectified and
> another of the correct location (as an option, since one might not know
> the co-ordinates) (as was my case). Then one should be able to pick a
> point in one window and then either enter the co-ordinates or click in
> the other window for the corresponding window.

If I understand it well, this is already the way, i.points works(?) --
one can open 4 frames in GRASS-monitor -- the left half is used for
currlently source location, the right half is used for displaying maps
from target location. it is not necessary to set the coordinates by
hand, you can "click" them in the target map.

or were you not talking about i.rectify?

> Oh and BTW the CPU spikes
> up to 100% and my laptop fan starts to go on overdrive everytime I run
> i.points... Is there a busy loop somewhere in the code?
>
> --Wolf

no idea

jachym

--