[GRASS5] r3.mapcalc doesn't work, isosurfaces

Joel Peter William Pitt pittj2 at lincoln.ac.nz
Tue Nov 22 15:49:42 EST 2005

Okay, I got the latest CVS version and there are r3.to.rast and
r3.in.rast in there. They just don't get compiled by default because
they are not in the raster3d Makefile.

I've managed to get my timeseries into a r3 file. However things are a
bit buggy it seems.

Is the following supposed to work for volumes?
r3.mapcalc "test2=test"

At the moment any r3.mapcalc operations involving another r3 file seem
to result in a file full of nan's...

$ r3.info -r test
min=1.000000
max=1.000000

$ r3.info -r test2
min=nan
max=nan

Also, is the interpolation done by NVIZ on volumes able to handle
boolean values? Imagine a pyramid of value 1 surrounded by zero/null,
and occasional occurences of of cells equal to 1 outside of this
pyramid. I set a threshold of 1.0 on the volume in NVIZ but nothing
appears.... any ideas?

Thanks,
Joel

--