[GRASS5] Re: [GRASSLIST:8545] Re: d.vect.thematic options with spaces

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Mon Oct 10 12:20:50 EDT 2005

Moritz,

This makes sense. When I originally wrote the script, I was thinking of
making the options understandable, and didn't really anticipate how much
more complex and useful it would become. When I was porting it to a GIS
Manager panel, I toyed with the idea of changing the options to single words
but didn't at that point because it seems to have become very widely used
and I didn't want to cause existing users a lot of grief.

I think it would be better to rename some of these options, but I'm not sure
of the smoothest way to transition everyone to new single word names. Do any
of you have experience with this?

Michael
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402