[GRASS5] GIS Manager update for testing

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Fri Sep 9 06:59:30 EDT 2005

Michael,

Congrats for all this work !

Here my first impressions (no particluar order, just typing as I'm
testing):

- - Don't know if I'm a big fan of the green ;-) Would be nice to
leave choice to user... But in no ways a priority !

- - Little type on line 279 of thematic.tcl: 'wehre' instead of 'where'.

- - The command line created by the vector panel does not take into
account the line width setting.

- - I don't find the grass icon as a help button very clear. Maybe
just a question mark, or a combination (fat question mark on top of
grass icon) would be better. Also, by placing it next to the text
field for map name input, it is not clear that this is the help
button for the entire module.

- - placing a barscale with a mouse, clicking on the right mouse
button to confirm the location, I get the following error and the
rest of the group elements are not drawn:

child process exited abnormally
child process exited abnormally
    while executing
"exec -- d.barscale tcolor=0:0:0 bcolor=255:255:255 at=2,2 -m >@
stdout 2>@ stderr"
    ("eval" body line 1)
[...]

- - I would rename the File->Manage 2D and 3D maps to simply 'Manage
maps'.

- - I don't find File->Workspace/group very clear. Maybe just
File->Groups (or Map groups) would be clearer ?

Ok, don't have more time at the moment.

But this is a great improvement. Thanks !

Moritz