[GRASS5] Re: auto-locate EPSG

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Sat Apr 29 12:59:26 EDT 2006

On Sat, Apr 29, 2006 at 05:50:35PM +0100, Glynn Clements wrote:

> Markus Neteler wrote:
>
> > I tried to add you suggestions bug autoconf gives me bad
> > news. Apparently I made something wrong.
>
> There were some bugs in the macros in my email.
>
> > Attached a opatch with your suggestions - may I ask you
> > to try it (at least autoconf-2.13) and then submit?
> > Hamish is elected beta tester for Debian :-)
>
> I've committed the changes. Everything appears to work insofar as the
> specified directory gets passed to the projshare.sed script.

Glynn,

I have tested it, but it seems to fail:

checking for location of External PROJ.4 data files...
checking for /epsg... no
configure: warning: *** Unable to locate PROJ data files.
checking for nad2bin... /usr/local/bin/nad2bin

I have things in /usr/local/... and usually do not use any
parameters for proj.
Maybe /usr/local/share needs to be predefined somewhere to catch that?
As far as I understand the code
 $with_proj_share
is not defined in this case - subsequently PROJSHARE is not
predefined.

Nice, soon we'll have this long standing problem of hard-coded
path being removed.

Markus