[GRASS-dev] [Fwd: Grass cvs-6.1 very slow on imac intel]

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Fri Aug 4 10:06:40 EDT 2006

Maybe some other Mac users have something to say ?

Moritz

Subject: Grass cvs-6.1 very slow on imac intel
From:    "Didier Peeters" <dpeeter1 at ulb.ac.be>
Date:    Fri, August 4, 2006 14:32
To:      lorenzo.moretti at bologna.enea.it
Cc:      "Moritz Lennert" <moritz.lennert at ulb.ac.be>

Dear Lorenzo,

Thank you for providing GRASS binaries for Mac OS X.   I'm trying to
use the last cvs 6.1 version downloaded from http://
wwwamb.bologna.enea.it/forgrass/downloadcvs.htm on an Imac with an
Intel processor and it seems to be very slow, displaying a simple
vector map takes about 20 seconds, which is far more slowly than on
the Debian system of my colleague.  Do you have any explanation for
that ?  Is this due to the Rosetta emulation ?

Best wishes.

Didier Peeters
Institut de Gestion de l'Environnement et d'Aménagement du Territoire
Université Libre de Bruxelles
CP246 - Accès 5 - Campus Plaine
Boulevard du Triomphe
B-1050 Bruxelles