[GRASS-dev] Re: gis.m: resolution not preserved

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Fri Aug 18 15:55:49 EDT 2006

Michael Barton napisa?(a):

> I think that it's going from res=8 to res=30

No. It's going from 30 to 8.

Another example:

#0 grass63 -text, spearfish60, g.region rast=slope -a, gis.m

ALL COMMANDS BELOW ARE CALLED FROM gis.m:

#1 g.region -g
n=4928030
s=4913690
w=589980
e=609000
nsres=30
ewres=30
rows=478
cols=634

#2 add 'slope' raster, display, zoom in (CONSTRAIN mode)

#3 g.region -g
n=4925144.14938
s=4922139.29461
w=595930.207469
e=599887.095436
nsres=30.0485477
ewres=29.97642399
rows=100
cols=132

#4 swith to EXPLORE mode

#5 g.region -g
n=4925144.14938
s=4922139.29461
w=595907.492984
e=599909.809921
nsres=6.23413853
ewres=6.23413853
rows=482
cols=642

As you see, the resolution goes from ~30 to ~6. This will not speed up
the display, will it?

> I've done this, going back and forth between modes and can only
> get it to change resolution if I'm in explore mode. I'll  keep
> looking into it.

Above you can also see that resolution changed a bit between #1 and #2.
This proves that gis.m doesn't allign region to resolution, while it
should (like d.zoom did) to avoid weird results in the output of
commands that use current region settings.

I must be really going now. See you next week!

Cheers,
Maciek