[GRASS-dev] [bug #5372] (grass) Create new location from georeferenced file fails at first run

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Thu Dec 7 16:59:27 EST 2006

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=5372

Subject: Create new location from georeferenced file fails at first run

Platform: GNU/Linux/x86
grass obtained from: Trento Italy site
grass binary for platform: Compiled from Sources
GRASS Version: 6.2.0
tcl-8.4.13

Start GRASS for first time (no .grasrc file), at startup screen
choose "Create new location from georeferenced file".
"Browse" button at "Path to new location" is useless, as I can not choose
direcotry in any way (it has "Open" button, that just opens directory);
Choose georeferenced file (i.e. r/v.out.glad/ogr export from Spearfish),
click on "Define location" and it fails with error:
access: No such file or directory
ERROR: LOCATION << /home/ddd/<UNKNOWN> >> not available
ERROR: g.proj exited abnormally. Press <enter> to continue.
and GRASS exits with message about restart for new location.

Creating new location based on Georeferenced file, if I have already started
GRASS (i.e. by creating new location by EPSG code) works as charm (except
that "Browse" problem).