[GRASS-dev] New 'output' parameter in r.colors

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Mon Dec 18 09:39:36 EST 2006

On Mon, Dec 18, 2006 at 09:18:57AM -0500, Patton, Eric wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just noticed today that there's a new 'output' parameter, which seems to replace the old 'map' parameter in r.colors. Specifically, I noticed it when several of my scripts broke due to the new parameter name. Does anyone know the rationale for this change?
>
> Isn't it usually the case with raster modules that 'input' and 'output' params are used only when a new raster is being written, else 'map' parameter is used?
>
> Sorry if I missed the thread on this, or if it's already been documented elsewhere.

Eric, all,

in case the parser was touched and such strange things happen,
it is neede to run
make distclean

A new macro was added to the parser which is internally shifting
all around *unless* you don't recompile from scratch (I assume
that you only recompiled libgis).

I darkly remember this problem from some months ago and
make distclean and recompile cured it.

So: r.colors is completely untouched :-)

Markus