[GRASS5] updates to gism2

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Wed Feb 1 19:55:40 EST 2006

I posted to my web site and Markus helped me commit to the cvs a set of
updates to the GIS Manager 2 GUI that addresses some of the issues that
popped up over the last couple days.

I noticed that I cannot produce text overlays on my Mac using d.text or
d.text.freetype. I¹d like to know if this is the same under other OS¹s also.
d.label does work, however.

d.text.freetype has not worked on the Mac since the upgrade to OSX10.4, but
d.text did work. So I need to know if this is a Mac issue or everyone has
the same lack of text under the new TclTk canvas displays. If the latter, I
can add a TclTk text module that will do essentially the same thing as
d.text.freetype and should work on all systems.

Michael
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402
USA