[GRASS5] GRASS Project Steering Committee and more

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Fri Feb 10 18:16:29 EST 2006

Dear all,

while I already received two suggestions for a GRASS
Project Steering Committee (PSC), I suggest to post the
nominations in public, if there are no objections.
I would like to have that transparent to everyone.

Nominations should contain the name and a short paragraph
why it is a good candidate. We also have to decide,
how many members the PSC should have.

It is worth reading
- http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html
   (they are very successful, and the document applies much
    to the GRASS project culture)

- http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/development/rfc/ms-rfc-1/
   (MS RFC 1: Technical Steering Committee Guidelines)
    apparently 7 members there.

- http://lists.maptools.org/pipermail/gdal-dev/2006-February/thread.html#7881
    (GDAL PSC to be formed)

- http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/development/rfc/ms-rfc-10/
   (MS RFC 10: Joining the Open Source Geospatial Foundation)

Related:
- https://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=9682788&forum_id=475
  (Community MapBuilder PMC membership nomination)
- https://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=9673493&forum_id=475
  (MapBuilder & Mapbender and the OSGeo Foundation)

In fact, there is lot of material to digest in these days..

Markus
--
Markus Neteler     <neteler itc it>       http://mpa.itc.it