[GRASS5] Problem compiling with gdal and/or fftw

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Mon Feb 13 10:39:37 EST 2006

Michael Rensing wrote:

> Hello, I'm trying to recompile Grass and encountering problems.
> Hopefully someone can help.
>
> I'm running Fedora Core 4, and have successfully (I think - no testing
> yet)  compiled Grass 6.0.1 in the past. I did an update on the OS, and
> fftw2 was replaced with fftw3. Now Grass won't run because it can'f find
> fftw2, and it won't recompile because configure is looking for fftw2
> and/or GDALOpen. They appear to be related...

You need to configure GRASS using --without-fftw if you don't have
FFTW 2.x.

If your GDAL library was built with GRASS support, and you no longer
have a working version of GRASS, you will need to first build GDAl
without GRASS support before you can build GRASS. If you wish, you can
re-build GDAL with GRASS support once you have built GRASS.