[GRASS5] GRASS-header-file locations changed?

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Tue Feb 14 14:17:33 EST 2006

On Tue, Feb 14, 2006 at 07:05:25PM +0000, Glynn Clements wrote:
> GRASS can't realistically follow normal packaging rules (e.g.
> honouring all of the built-in autoconf switches) without using a
> separate subdirectory (at least four of its headers clash with files
> already present in my /usr/include directory).
>
> Additionally, the lack of a subdirectory prefix in header names risks
> causing problems for third-party packages which need to include
> headers from both GRASS and other packages (how do you ensure that
> "#include <display.h>" includes GRASS' display.h rather than the one
> from some other package?).

*If* things are currently changing, why not renaming files in the
same moment (sorry for being naive)?
E.g.,

#include <grass_display.h>

It would be now a rather easy search-replace job. Since we are
in 6.1 a.k.a. experimental, we can do it. Better to do it now that
waiting unless more applications link to GRASS directly.

Markus