[GRASS5] [bug #4021] (grass) error compiling r.le.setup in cvs

Maciek Sieczka via RT grass-bugs at intevation.de
Thu Feb 16 08:35:46 EST 2006

The author seems to have lost his interest, so I'll forward to the list.

I have confirmed the bug with today's Grass 6.1 CVS, using GCC 3.4.4, Ubuntu
Breezy.

It shows that building Grass 6.1 with -O3 optimization always leads to errors
in /home/steko/src/grass6/raster/r.le/r.le.setup

This is important because the Grass INSTALL file itself recommends using -O3:

$ cat src/straight/grass6/INSTALL | grep O3
  CFLAGS="-O3 -msse -msse2 -mfpmath=sse -minline-all-stringops" # Intel XEON
64bit processor
  CFLAGS="-O3 -mcpu=<cpu_see_above> -Wall" LDFLAGS="-s" ./configure

Even despite the error at building r.le.setup - does it really make sense for
Grass to be -O3 optimized? As far as I have read it is rather not advised to
use it...

Maciek