[GRASS5] dm and gism in the cvs

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Sun Feb 19 13:57:54 EST 2006

On Fri, Feb 17, 2006 at 02:17:35PM -0700, Michael Barton wrote:
>    I had some problems adding dm and gism to their new locations in
>    /gui/tcltk and didn't realize it until a few minutes ago. I think
>    (hope) I've remedied this and they are in the cvs now.

Michael, All,

I have fixed this yesterday (and my nice explanation emails somehow
did not make it to this list, so here is a brief version).

To me it looked like Michael's CVS client did not work properly.
I have not moved the files, please make sure that you all check out/update
display/ and gui/ properly before new commits.

As Michael has send my a tarball, I have added a bunch of new files
to gui/tcltk/gis.m/ that have not been in the old location.
One file I did NOT add was "copy tree.tcl" or so.

Michael: I suggest that you rename this file to not contain
a space character before adding.

CVS general insights:

The move could be done with regular cvs add and cvs remove commands.
This was better then moving files within the repository, because now
people can still check out old non-branch-tags and get the same files.

Other:

When looking at new files, I have noticed that they do not contain
a hint towards the license and the right holder.
I suggest to add this as a standard header in addition to the author(s).
My memory tells me that we debated standard headers quite a while before
on this list.

Best,
	Bernhard