[GRASS5] dm and gism in the cvs

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Sun Feb 19 14:09:20 EST 2006

On Sun, Feb 19, 2006 at 07:57:54PM +0100, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 17, 2006 at 02:17:35PM -0700, Michael Barton wrote:
> >    I had some problems adding dm and gism to their new locations in
> >    /gui/tcltk and didn't realize it until a few minutes ago. I think
> >    (hope) I've remedied this and they are in the cvs now.
>
> Michael, All,
>
> I have fixed this yesterday (and my nice explanation emails somehow
> did not make it to this list, so here is a brief version).

Yesterday (Saturday) one of the disks of grass.itc.it was full
(for some hours), so some emails must have come back. I fixed it
in the Italian afternoon.

> To me it looked like Michael's CVS client did not work properly.
> I have not moved the files, please make sure that you all check out/update
> display/ and gui/ properly before new commits.
>
> As Michael has send my a tarball, I have added a bunch of new files
> to gui/tcltk/gis.m/ that have not been in the old location.
> One file I did NOT add was "copy tree.tcl" or so.
>
> Michael: I suggest that you rename this file to not contain
> a space character before adding.
>
> CVS general insights:
>
> The move could be done with regular cvs add and cvs remove commands.
> This was better then moving files within the repository, because now
> people can still check out old non-branch-tags and get the same files.
>
> Other:
>
> When looking at new files, I have noticed that they do not contain
> a hint towards the license and the right holder.
> I suggest to add this as a standard header in addition to the author(s).
> My memory tells me that we debated standard headers quite a while before
> on this list.

Right. It is also documented in the SUBMITTING file, section (3).

Thing will become more standardized if/when we come up with a
Contributor Agreement.

Markus