[GRASS-dev] Re: [bug #4768] (grass) nviz segfault on startup when

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sun Jul 2 16:35:09 EDT 2006

It should be the same version on Intel as on PPC.  The Intel
installed copy is just universal, while the PPC installed copy is PPC
only.  I don't want to have to mess with OpenGL - Apple's X11 build
of OpenGL taps into the system OpenGL framework (at least it's in the
lib dependencies from otool -L), so it could be tricky.

(Note: I haven't had a chance to test the universal build on PPC
yet.  I'll try to remember Monday.)

I'll look into finding some OpenGL test programs to try.  Try to be
more sure if it's and OpenGL or Apple problem, or PPC vs Intel, or
something I'm doing wrong.  Also, I'll look at the Togl demos, since
this is a new version of Togl.

On Jul 2, 2006, at 2:46 PM, Michael Barton via RT wrote:

> Should people using Intel Macs install a different version of OpenGL?
>
> Michael

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"This is a question about the past, is it? ... How can I tell that
the past isn't a fiction designed to account for the discrepancy
between my immediate physical sensations and my state of mind?"

- The Ruler of the Universe