[GRASS-dev] Re: [bug #4768] (grass) nviz segfault on startup when

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Mon Jul 3 12:11:26 EDT 2006

> Also, I'll look at the Togl demos, since this is a new version of
> Togl.

Togl built separately for OSX X11 - demos work, within limits.

double, gears and texture demos work.  stereo, index and overlay
demos do not.  According to the Togl docs, stereo and overlay
features of Togl require hardware support for them, on higher-end
graphics cards (and not even 'gaming' cards).  I'm running this on a
MacBook, with the Intel GMA 950 integrated graphics.  Maybe not up-to-
snuff.  Does NVIZ use any of these features of Togl?

The Togl docs don't say anything about the index demo, but it fails
with the same BadWindow/invalid window parameter error of the stereo
demo, so it might be a similar hardware feature.

> Note: I haven't had a chance to test the universal build on PPC
> yet.  I'll try to remember Monday.

I have the same errors starting NVIZ on a PPC Mac (Tiger).

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

All generalizations are dangerous, even this one.