[GRASS-dev] Re: [bug #4768] (grass) nviz segfault on startup when

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Tue Jul 4 15:28:54 EDT 2006

William Kyngesburye wrote:

> - There is something wrong with glX in Apple's X11 that only shows up
> (so far) with NVIZ.  I need to find some OpenGL demos that use glX,
> next.

NVIZ typically links against a /lot/ of libraries; far more than a
typical OpenGL demonstration. The more libraries which a program uses,
the more chance that one of them will cause a problem.

If you have multiple libraries with the same name, it's possible that
the choice of which one is linked in will depend upon which other
libraries a program uses.

One thing to try: build NVIZ, copy the link command from the "make"
output, then use a similar command (with the same set of -L/-l/etc
switches) to build your test program. That will determine whether the
libraries which are being used are having an effect.