[GRASS-dev] r.in.gdal to group automatically imported multi-bands image

Yann Chemin ychemin at gmail.com
Sun Jul 9 01:48:04 EDT 2006

Hello list,

When dealing with multi-band satellite data, it is generally easier to
group them, and generally we import this data from, say a GeoTiff that
is already a multi-band.

Could we consider trying to make a group directly on import in
r.in.gdal by the name of the image? Imagine people that deal with
temporal/hyperspectral data, it could be beneficial.

Following this idea, 2 things:
1-GIS.M to load groups directly (i am not familiar to know if this is
already there)
2-Attach a default group display command to choose from greyscale or RGB

I believe this could help some "image processing" people to use GRASS.

Yann