[GRASS-dev] A portible shell for GRASS 7+ ?

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Fri Jun 9 12:43:20 EDT 2006

I¹ve run the current GIS Manager in Aqua TclTk with the bash terminal and no
x11 using Lorenzo¹s binaries. It runs fine as long as  you don¹t start
something that requires x11 (e.g. i.points, v.digit, d.profile, nviz). The
new georectifier and profiler work without x11, and so should work fine.

If someone could compile the existing Windows native code with the d.modules
and gis.m intact, and start it up using native Windows wish it should run
theoretically. But I don¹t know how to do this and so can¹t test it. It
would be good to know if our efforts in this direction are helpful, though.

Michael
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213
fax: 480-965-7671