[GRASS-dev] grass6.2?

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Fri Jun 9 21:30:32 EDT 2006

Michael Barton wrote:

> > So, should I commit the changes to libraster to allow driver-less
> > rendering?
>
> Does this mean that I can change gis.m to render with out running d.mon?

Yes.

> Anything I would have to know about setting environments to do this?

If the environment variable GRASS_RENDER_IMMEDIATE is set to TRUE,
libraster uses the built-in "PNG driver" instead of connecting to a
monitor. All of the environment variables which the PNG driver
understands apply to immediate rendering.

This should be backwards-compatible, i.e. so long as you don't set
GRASS_RENDER_IMMEDIATE, everything should work as before.

I've attached the code in case anyone wants to try it now.