[GRASS-dev] Re: [bug #2794] (grass) wish window mouse wheel and TAB

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Fri Jun 23 14:10:29 EDT 2006

See below

Michael
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213
fax: 480-965-7671

> From: Maciek Sieczka via RT <grass-bugs at intevation.de>
> Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 21:14:15 +0200 (CEST)
> To: <jidanni at jidanni.org>
> Cc: <grass-dev at grass.itc.it>, <michael.barton at asu.edu>,
> <cedricgrass at shockfamily.net>
> Subject: [bug #2794] (grass) wish window mouse wheel and TAB
>
> Is done for gis.m.
>

> In d.m wheel doesn't work (CVS 2006.06.19), although about a month ago it used
>
> to output an error if tried (http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=4466).
>
> Was it an unseccussfell, then reverted, attempt to support wheel in d.m? Any
>
> chances wheel will work in d.m?

Cedric added scroll wheel support in gis.m. I am not supporting d.m for any
more upgrades--just bug fixes. If someone else wants to add it, that's fine.

> File selection dialogs support wheel nicely.
>

> "Options" panel in modules is quite OK, besides modules like v.to.db, where
>
> scrolling parameters' selection lists (e.g. v.to.db's "Value to upload", i.e.
>
> "option=" parameter) causes the whole panel to be scrolled, instead of the
>
> parameters list alone.
>

> "Output" panel is mostly scrollable, besides when mouse pointer hovers over
>
> the grey belt with icons and command syntax - no scrolling then. If there is
>
> not much space between subsequent grey belts, the panel is hardly scrollable
>
> at all.

Cedric is working on the two above.

> The TAB key circulates through the "Options" panel OK, only it shouldn't
>
> bother stopping at the top icon (strange, why is it pressable?) next to module
>
> description and at the bottom icon (the copy-command one).

If this is layer options, I'll look at it and see if I can change this.

> Nice progress but still stuff missing. What are the plans?

Except for above (and interactive x11 dependencies in a few C-Modules), what
is still missing?