[GRASS-dev] [bug #4726] (grass) g.mapset: MAPSET parameter should default to PERMANENT

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Fri Jun 23 14:33:21 EDT 2006

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=4726

Subject: g.mapset: MAPSET parameter should default to PERMANENT

Platform: GNU/Linux/x86
grass obtained from: Trento Italy site
grass binary for platform: Compiled from Sources
GRASS Version: CVS checked out 2006-06-23

For faster switching between Locations, g.mapset should include a default of "PERMANENT" for the mapset parameter. Given that every Location must have at least this mapset, I think PERMANENT would make a reasonable default so this parameter needn't be completed every time (if the user intends to switch to PERMANENT). Most of my Grass Locations only have one mapset, so typing this in for every switch gets tedious.

~ Eric.