[GRASS-dev] [bug #4726] (grass) g.mapset: MAPSET parameter should default to PERMANENT

Maciek Sieczka via RT grass-bugs at intevation.de
Fri Jun 23 15:25:06 EDT 2006

IMHO this is *not* a good idea. Why should we assume most users will want to
switch most times to PERMANENT and not to any other mapset? I never do, so
having a default target mapset will only be a problem for me, not help.

Besides, switching mapsets should be done in full concious, as you never can
say what mapset you are in just at a glance, and this might lead to undesired
data manipulation when you have layers of the same name in different mapsets
and you switched not to the mapset you meant.

What do you think?

Maciek