[GRASS-dev] [bug #4605] (grass) v.patch: 'Cannot open old vector ... on level 2'

Maciek Sieczka via RT grass-bugs at intevation.de
Thu Jun 29 03:14:51 EDT 2006

Markus wrote:

> I would suggest:
>
> "Cannot open existing vector map <cieki05_2zl at melio2> on level 2"

That's be more informative indeed. "old vector" doesn't fit.

>> Is it a symptom of some error in v.patch code?

> In this case the map cieki05_2zl at melio2 seems to lack topology for
> whatever reason.

Yes, it lacks topology and I know this, as I wrote in the report: "1 of the 2
vectors I wanted to v.patch was open in v.digit". This is not a problem (my
fault trying to patch a vector being open in v.digit). The only problem I'm
reporting here is that a wrong error information is issued by v.patch in such
case - mentioning some "old vector". And above you have proposed a good
replacement for the message. Would be cool if could be applied.

Thanks.

Maciek