[GRASS5] New gui.tcl

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Sun Mar 19 15:06:50 EST 2006

Hamish wrote:

> > There is a new command label which shows the current command as it is
> > edited. It has a button for copying the command to the clipboard.
> > (Might be worth noting in wish 2074)
>
> Nice to have this back (clearly). It is something I missed from the
> GRASS 5 GUI. Problem: I can see it in xclipboard, and ^V pastes it in
> nedit, but middle-click to paste in doesn't work?

Ctrl-V (or Shift-Insert) usually pastes the clipboard, while the
middle mouse button usually pastes the primary selection.

For xterm, you can change the behaviour with e.g.

*vt100.translations:	#override	\n\
  ~Ctrl ~Meta <Btn2Up>:	insert-selection(CLIPBOARD, PRIMARY, CUT_BUFFER0)

This will cause it to prefer the clipboard over the primary selection.

Tk supports setting the primary selection, but it's a bit more work
than using the clipboard (and, nowadays, probably less useful).