[GRASS5] [bug #4190] (grass) Could not import a NB Double Stereographic shapefile - used EPSG #2036

Markus Neteler via RT grass-bugs at intevation.de
Tue Mar 21 06:32:22 EST 2006

Hi again,

apparently the OGROpen() is used correctly (the example on
the ogr page was a bit misleading to me) but doesn't work
as Ogr_ds doesn't contain what it should. It is not NULL,
but its content points to 0x0.

# import:
v.in.ogr ~/tmp/nbaa_5000_ranb.shp  out=nbaa loc=new_brunswick
Segmentation fault

Since Ogr_ds is sort of empty, it must crash.
The good question is why ogrinfo can open it, but v.in.ogr not.

I am trying it with GDAL and PROJ from CVS (where the EPSG was
recently updated).

CC'ed to Frank.

Markus