[GRASS5] GIS.m redraws full map after zoom changes despite SQL query in pl ace

Patton, Eric epatton at nrcan.gc.ca
Thu Mar 23 13:07:54 EST 2006

I have a coastline vector map that I'm displaying, and I'm restricting
the display to only one attribute in the gis.m SQL query (CLASS_CODE =
5). I can only get the query to 'activate' and display a reduced number
of vector objects by turning off the map in the table of contents,
erasing and redrawing the map, then clicking the map back on and
re-drawing. Every time I pan or zoom, the map redraws as if there was no
SQL query in place.

~ Eric.