[GRASS-dev] computational geometry in C++ library

Martin Wegmann wegmann at biozentrum.uni-wuerzburg.de
Fri May 5 08:10:41 EDT 2006

Dear GRASS developers,

I just found a site concerning geometric algorithms (GPL):

--
easy access to useful, reliable geometric algorithms

The CGAL library contains:

     * the Kernel with geometric primitives such as points, vectors,
lines, predicates for testing things such as relative positions of
points, and operations such as intersections and distance calculation.
     * the Basic Library which is a collection of standard data
structures and geometric algorithms, such as convex hull in 2D/3D,
(Delaunay) triangulation in 2D/3D, planar map, polyhedron, smallest
enclosing circle, and multidimensional query structures.
     * the Support Library which offers interfaces to other packages,
e.g., for visualisation, and I/O, and other support facilities.
--

you may already know this site but in case you don't it might be worth a
look.

I know that GRASS is ANSI-C and these libraries are C++ but perhaps some
  problem can be solved using these libraries.

http://www.cgal.org/index2.html

regards, Martin