[GRASS-dev] gis.m improvements

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at ufg.uni-kiel.de
Mon May 8 02:54:11 EDT 2006

Hmmm, do you really think so?
vector layer in gis.m map 1:1 to the GRASS database
and so do raster and 3d raster layers.
The word layer is a little bit fuzzy in the GIS
world, but I think people can live with it OK.
Anyway, I can't think of anything better to call it.

Hamish wrote:
>>6. There should be a menu entry "Layers" in the menu bar, right
>>next to "File" in which the user can find all functions that
>>are currently only reachable via icons:
>>
>>Layers
>

> I will second the earier comments that having both "layers" used for GUI
> map layers and the existing vector/table layers is highly confusing and
> should be avoided if possible. Please find another word...?
>

> Hamish

Benjamin Ducke, M.A.
Archäoinformatik
(Archaeo-Information Science)