[GRASS-dev] [bug #4426] (grass) Almost entire GRASS database deleted. Suspect grass startup.

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Tue May 9 05:02:43 EDT 2006

Hamish wrote:

> I don't think common unlink() will remove dirs.

It won't; unlink() removes files, rmdir() removes (empty) directories,
remove() removes either. There is no system call or library function
to delete a directory tree.

> Is there a map name with loc/mapset name the same as a map name?
>
> corrupted stream of data sent to the shell? `find` files moved to
> other parts of the file system?

That's a useful point; "mv" and rename() will rename an entire
directory tree with no complaints.

The only "rm -rf" commands in etc/Init.sh shouldn't be able to remove
the wrong directory even if $tmp is unset or there were problems in
constructing its value.

The current clean_temp program only deletes files, not directories
(not even empty ones).