[GRASS-dev] OpenMotif

Brad Douglas rez at touchofmadness.com
Sun Nov 5 19:27:43 EST 2006

Hello,

It has come to my attention that openmotif is not compatible with the
GRASS license.  Most of the functionality has been duplicated in
lesstif, which has a compatible license.

I've been able to successfully compile GRASS using lesstif as a drop-in
replacement.

Should we move GRASS to lesstif?  All that really needs to be done is
simply replace text that says openmotif/motif with lesstif (ie.
cosmetics).

Redhat has officially dropped support for openmotif and anything that
won't compile without it as of Fedora Core 6.  I assume other vendors
will follow.

--
Brad Douglas <rez touchofmadness com>                    KB8UYR/6
Address: 37.493,-121.924 / WGS84    National Map Corps #TNMC-3785