[GRASS-dev] r.resamp.stats method=sum artifacts

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Mon Nov 13 03:36:45 EST 2006

Hamish wrote:

> > > Should r.bilinear be tagged for retirement after GRASS 6.x?
> > >   (due to `r.resamp.interp method=bilinear`)
> >
> > Yes.
> >
> > Or replaced by a script which prints a "this module is deprecated"
> > warning then runs "r.resamp.interp method=bilinear ...".
>

> warning added.
>

> note r.bilinear has these two options which r.resamp.interp doesn't:
>
>    north   specific input value to be assigned to the north and/or south poles for longitude-latitude grids
>     east   specific input value to be assigned to the north and/or south poles for longitude-latitude grids

Hmm. I suspect that the region enlargement will cause r.resamp.interp
will fail with "Illegal latitude for North" (or South) if you try to
resample a lat/lon map which includes either pole.

I'm starting to wonder whether we would be better off without the
latitude check, leaving it to up the user instead.