[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-user] Build Grass62!

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Tue Nov 21 14:45:28 EST 2006

Hamish wrote:

> Hamish:
> > > "mkdir -p" isn't quoting the path
> Glynn:
> > That looks like a bug in the Makefile(s); can you say which one(s)?

[snip]

In retrospect, I don't see any point changing this. The issue isn't
just applicable to mkdir, but to all commands; the mkdir command which
is failing just happens to be the first command for the first target
(builddemolocation).

Unless we quote every single pathname variable in every Makefile
(which I don't consider to be feasible), trying to build from a
directory whose pathname contains shell metacharacters simply won't
work.